• For those who registered 12/9 or 12/8, please go to your profile and select your theological system. This will show up under your avatar so we know where everyone is coming from.

Owen on the Mosaic Covenant

Theological System
1689 Federalism
I was reading this article on Owen's covenant theology, and I'm particularly interested in the section on his view of the Mosaic Covenant. The article seems to state that he holds essentially a dual-nature view of the Mosaic covenant, similar to the way I understand the 1689 position to view the Abrahamic Covenant. In essence, he sees it as having an external works principle, but at the same time holding forth the promise of the covenant of Grace for the elect. This is slightly different from what I have understood the 1689 Federalist position to be, though I admit it I am still working through this.

I am planning on working through Owen's commentary on Hebrews soon, but I'm curious, does this seem like an accurate reading of Owen, and if so, is the position expressed here consistent with the 1689 system, or would it need to be modified in some way?